Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fresh Fruit and Veggie Program

I am currently watching some of the faces I have ever seen made by my children! Every Tuesday the children get to try a new fresh fruit or vegetable thanks to a Grant we receive. Today we are trying a "tropical fruit medley" consisting of mango, papaya, and pineapple. We started with the mango and I watched a little boys face look like he was trying sludge. His nose wrinkled up and his lips got all funny looking. Others looked like they were experiencing something super awesome!
I absolutely love that they get the opportunity to try new fresh fruit and veggies because most of them have no idea what it looks like if it’s not in a can.
They just tried the papaya and I got a lot of "ewwww that’s nasty" Pretty funny!!

- Miss Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment