Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Disney movies are scary!!

I have always been a chicken when it came to scary movies. My siblings make fun of me for leaving movie theaters before because they were too scary! This weekend I watched Disney's new princess movie, The Princess and the Frog. I thought it was a good movie (and you cant miss Disney's attempt at adding diversity to their list of princesses) but it was scary! It takes place in New Orleans and the "bad guy" is a voodoo man, "The Shadow Man". The Shadow Man sends dark shadows to find the frog prince and it is creepy as the shadows spread through the city!
This is certainly not the first scary movie by Disney. Think... Cinderella is a slave to her evil step mother, Snow White has to run away before her heart is cut out of her, and Jasmine is pimped out to Jafar. I don't think most children pick up on these plots. All they see is pretty girls with perfect hair, great bodies, and beautiful clothes!
So do children subconsciously like evil scary stories... or does Disney do that to entertain the parents forced to watch??

-Miss Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment