Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Music Hall

Last week my class went to Music Hall for a field trip. Even though most of my students were bored and some fell asleep, I thought the experience was great. To see their faces as they walked into the building was priceless! The huge chandeliers above and the thousands of light bulbs lighting the huge theater was beautiful. I heard "Miss Hansen look at that" and "Miss Hansen look at this" a million times!
We listened to the Cincinnati Orchestra play 3 pieces. The conductor taught the children how to move their hands properly to conduct the orchestra, which was nice because it helped keep their attention (most of them).
I know the children might never hear this type of music again but I do think it is important to expose them to different cultures.

-Miss Hansen

1 comment:

  1. How far from the school was this? Many inner city students have no experience beyond a 10 or 20 block radius of their home(s). My kids often talk more about the bus trip and the sights they saw out the windows than the trip itself!!

    ReplyDelete