Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween surprise!

As we discussed the Halloween parade we would be participating in on the Friday before Halloween I had several students tell me "their mamma couldn't buy a costume". They were very worried they would be the only ones walking in the parade with out a cool costume. That night I realized that I was "allowed" to be pretty much whatever I wanted for Halloween and never really had to think if we could afford a new costume.

We have a company that sponsors our class, which includes coming in once a week to work with the children. It is a way for the children to get some one-on-one attention as well as have successful role models. Well the day of the parade they came in with a huge bag full of costumes!! The children who didn't have a costume got one and to top it off they got to take it home! I have never seen them so excited and appreciative before. Over all they didn't care what their costume was they were just excited to be dressing up with the rest of their class. We had several costumes left over and they let my teacher keep them for next year.

I was so happy for the children I almost cried as I helped them get dressed. It really put things in perspective about how lucky I was growing up. I am going to start going to discount stores to buy the costumes when they go on sale this year!

-Miss Hansen

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! What is the company?! Post their name, they deserve recognition for such generosity!!

    ReplyDelete