Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mimio

Almost every has heard of a SMART Board. This is the most popular brand of interactive white boards. I did a big fundraiser to try and get some money for my class. A lot of the money went towards art supplies but we also put money towards a Mimio, which makes our basic white board interactive. It requires you to have a bar connected to your computer that records the movement of the provided "mouse pen". We use a projector to project what is on the computer on to the board and then we can manipulate the screen.
We have been using it a lot for morning meeting, which has included making a class graph, doing calender, weather, money, and place value. Some times the children get to do the manipulating which they really like.
I have also used it to display pictures of the new fruits and vegetables we try, an author study chart, as well as graphing.
So far I really like using it. We are going to try and mount the projector so we don't have to use a rolling cart or worry about the cords. I want to try and use it several times through out the day and in several areas of study.

So far so good! There is so much to learn and so many ways to use the Mimio!!

-Miss Hansen

1 comment:

  1. Great head's up! I haven't seen a Mimio - I've used a Promethian Smart Board - there are several in our school now (we get one a year) but a Mimio might be something I could get in my room!
    Do you have a visualizer?

    ReplyDelete