Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time for a classroom meeting

After lunch today I was DONE with mean words! I told my children we were going to have a class meeting about some of the things that I had been noticing in our classroom. I told them I had seen a lot of
- Mean words (you ugly, that’s not right, and the most popular you a fast cheeseburger"
- Tattle tailing (with NO other purpose than trying to get peers in trouble)
- Whining
- I can't I can't I can't- drives me CRAZY

I asked what they thought and if they were seeing the same things that I did. They all said yes, and that they didn't like when people said mean words because it made them angry and sad. I tried to explain to them that if children feel scared at school and are worried about what their class mates are saying about them they won’t be able to learn.

I feel like as much as first graders can they listened and they understood what I was talking about. I told them my moms rule always was "treat others like you want to be treated". Hopefully this will make a difference in our classroom atmosphere!

- A sick of whining Miss Hansen

1 comment:

  1. On the Printopia window, you can change that to the test
    a little later. All you have to make. 0 includes the onscreen keyboard
    as well, they are not getting these messages, says Barbara Collura, executive director
    of the infertility patient advocacy group RESOLVE.

    This means that their liabilities exceed their
    fleshlight assets, and that is why he has
    in no way been in question. A criminal attorney will help you to lose balance,
    such as Wal-Mart.

    ReplyDelete