Wednesday, March 2, 2011

He be "perpin"

I am constantly learning new “words” in my classroom. On a weekly basis the children use a word that I have never heard before and I have to ask for clarifications. The children love that they get to “teach Miss Hansen” something for a change. Today I was speaking to a child’s grandmother and she said “he keep saying he don’t feel good but he just perpin”. “HUH??” I politely responded with “I'm sorry but what does perpin mean?” apparently it means lying or fibbing.

I told her I am always learning new slang around here! She laughed and said “you know one time I was workin at another school and this fine white teacher (I'm not racist I'm just sayin he be white) and he kept telling me “you so hot”. I didn’t understand what he was saying! I just said, “thank you” but I couldn’t figured out what I had done. Do you know what that means?” I informed her it meant she was sexy!! She was so surprised the guy was hitting on her it was hysterical! It makes me feel better that I'm not just “the white girl” that doesn’t know common slang!

-Miss Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment