Saturday, December 18, 2010

Breath stopping moments

I wish I was allowed to post a video of my children's faces when they received their brand new hard cover Dr. Seuss book and matching stuff animal. As they tore open the wrapping there was a mix of smiles, shocked looks, and pure amazement. I was asked "is this all mine" and "do I get to keep this" about a million times! One of our newest boys (who I referred to in the post about hungry kids) jumped up and ran to give me a hug. He looked up at me and said "Miss Hansen this is just want I wanted for Christmas". I started crying and had goose bumps all over.
I was so pleased that they liked the gift and were so excited to start reading. I sent them back to their seats and told them to read/ look at the pictures with their new reading buddy. Once again only a picture really gets across how precious they all looked. Some held up the book to show the pictures while others said their pal was reading to them. It was a great way to start the day!!
- A Teary-Eyed Miss Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment