Monday, October 11, 2010

O For Subs...

I started my morning walking into the school and the receptionist said "o Allie I am so sorry" i was confused and said for what. "For your sub... good luck today!"
I get to the room and begin setting up for the day. After several students had arrived an old man (70+) comes into the room. He asked me to repeat my name several times but was unable to say it in the end. The children found this quite entertaining!
The morning went really well. Things went smoothly and I felt under control. After lunch we came back into the room and I was going to tell the sub I was going to use the restroom when I turned to the back of room to find him asleep. Seriously! The teachers next door died laughing and replied "I'm impressed he made it this far!" I was shocked to find that everyone knows this sub does nothing and is simply "a warm body in the room" yet he is still responsible for 23 children!!

I realized how important it is to have good plans and lots of extra work for subs who do nothing but pass out papers.

-Miss Hansen!

No comments:

Post a Comment